School history in Watt Township dates back to the Raymond School House in 1872. Watt Public School, as we currently know it, opened in 1966. An addition was built in 1997 which includes an expanded library and office space as well as a health room and improved staff work area. Watt Public School operated an outdoor and environmental education program at the Fish Hatchery located on Skeleton Lake from 1995 to 2001. The school leased property from the Township of Muskoka Lakes which included two fish ponds and a small classroom building. In 1975 a log cabin was reconstructed on the school’s property. The log cabin was originally constructed in 1880 and moved to the site to be used for enhancing educational programs. The cabin is known as The Walker House as it came from the late Harry and Amanda Walker’s farm in Utterson.