Minister of Education Stephen Lecce, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health announced earlier yesterday that schools under the jurisdiction of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) will be returning to in-person learning on February 8.
This means that ALL Trillium Lakelands District School Board elementary and secondary schools will be open to in-person learning on February 8.
Please see the following health and safety reminders for in-school learning, as well as NEW measures put in place:
- Parents/guardians must screen their child for symptoms every day before they come to school. Please use the Ministry of Health’s Ontario COVID-19 self-assessment tool for this purpose.
- All TLDSB students, Kindergarten to Grade 12 are required to wear a non-medical cloth face covering/mask while at school and on the school bus.
- NEW: elementary students should wear masks outside during recess and breaks. Students that need a mask break will be given a designated space that maintains a minimum 6 ft distance from others.
- NEW: secondary students outside on school property or leaving the property for breaks must wear a mask, and are not to congregate in groups larger than five and outside of their cohort.
- NEW: we are still in a stay at home order. Therefore, please do not congregate before and after school.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s school.
Thank you for assistance in keeping our school communities safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to welcoming staff and students back into schools.
For more information, please see the updated Return to School Plan for TLDSB Families. All COVID-19 information and updates can be found at tldsb.ca/covid19/.