Trillium Lakelands District School Board COVID-19 Updates will be issued and posted to www.tldsb.ca as required.
COVID-19 Update – March 5
There have been a lot of recent reports in the news about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We are in close contact with our two public health units and will continue to follow their guidance and recommendations regarding the spread of COVID-19. At this time, there are no confirmed or suspected cases in the Muskoka, Haliburton, or Kawartha Lakes area. The risk for COVID-19 remains low for the province of Ontario.
What steps can families take?
We want to remind our school community that the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are the same as preventing the cold and flu. It is important to reassure your children about their personal safety and health. Telling children that it is okay to be concerned is comforting. Reassure them they are safe and there are many things they can do to stay healthy, including:
- Hand washing: Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer, especially after coughing or sneezing.
- Cough/sneeze etiquette: Cough and sneeze into arm or tissue.
- Stay home when sick: Students/children should tell parents if they are not feeling well, and together, make a plan to stay home from school.
- Keep clean: Keep hands away from face and mouth.
- Stay healthy: Stay healthy by eating healthy foods, keeping physically active, and getting enough sleep.
How is our school preparing?
Trillium Lakelands District School Board (TLDSB) is taking steps to be sure that we are prepared for any spread of COVID-19. Currently we are making sure that all surface areas in schools are cleaned daily. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are being delivered to schools. School staff will monitor the use of these products by students. There will be immediate replacement of custodial staff if a custodian must be absent. And our schools are reminding students of the preventative measures listed above.
Where do I find more information?
There are several ways to find more information about COVID-19 including:
● Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit
● Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
● Ontario Ministry of Health
● Government of Canada: Public Health Services
If you have specific questions please contact the following:
● Send school-specific questions to your school principal.
● Visit tldsb.ca/covid19 for updates related to school district COVID-19 or contact TLDSB
directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-526-5552.
● Please contact your local health unit for any health related questions.
○ Haliburton and City of Kawartha Lakes – HKPRDHU
○ Muskoka – SMDHU
March Break Travel
March Break is coming up and many families have travel plans in place both inside Canada and
to other countries. Currently the risk associated with COVID-19 is low for Canada. The risk to
Canadian travellers abroad is generally low but will vary depending on the destination. Please
consult the Ontario travel section on their web page and on Canada travel.gc.ca for the latest
Information gathered from the Ontario Government and the Government of Canada public heal